Sunday, August 9, 2009

Where I Belong.

20 years for City Harvest Church (CHC)....

We started with just 20 young people.

Their pockets were empty, but their hearts were FULL. Full of passion for God. They held the Fire of God. Like Olympic, that FIRE continued until now....

I 'accidentally' came to CHC in 1995. Came for 2 reasons: 1) I wanted to see how a church is like but yet didnt want my parents to find out that i had tried attending a church, so i purposely chose one that's far from where i stayed - Paya Lebar. 2) I came because the guy that i had secretly admire then was in this church! haha...

But my accidentally became purposely. God had set me up (and i am glad that He did that! :) ) I got saved, intergrated and before i know, CHC has become my HOME.

Of course, it was in CHC where many things happened (for good of cos). They contribute to my growth and once again, i think its another set up by God. Ha. :)

This is a place where i know who were my frens, a place where i know who were not my frens, a place where i found him, a place where i found & formed my own family, a place where i realised my destiny and potential for God, a place where my character was moulded and formed to be more Godly, a place where i call HOME.

A place where i was taught 'teachability', 'accountability', 'responsbility', 'maturity' in God, 'balance' of life, 'faith', 'place of agreement is the place of power', and many many more.....

Remembered the times where we queued up under hot sun on a typical Sunday afternoon, just to have good seats, with all our full make up melting, sweating in our 'formal attire' (wow), wearing high heal shoes somemore. hm, those were the days.

Remembered the times where due to space contraints, at times, we could only hold our leaders admin meeting, seating on the steps outside the main audi.

Remembered the times where we used to meet our new frens at Paya Lebar MRT and walk them to Hollywood. Those times where we used to frequent Mac and KFC because we need a place for BS. *GRIN*. Oh not forgetting Lion City Hotel. we held some meetings there too.

Year 2000 - Sun's crossover project
Year 2001 - 2004 - Media report on our church, on Pst Kong, Sun.
Not forgetting our own Building Fund Campaigns...

From 20 to hundreds, to thousands, to ten thousands, until now... more than 27,ooo CHC-ers. :) God is good, so faithful.

Time flies of cos... when i just came, i would never expect that i will stay and make this my HOME. But i stayed and 14 years have passed. I thank God that he led me to this church. I wouldnt know where i will be or what i will be doing if i have never attend CH before.

If someone were to ask me "Do you think you will ever leave your church?" My reply, "No, becos i am "stuck" here alrdy, and there will be no turning back for me whatsoever."

Happy 20th Birthday, City Harvest...







The Pioneers...














City Harvest Church - Where I belong. :)

No comments: